Pregnant bellies are beautiful bellies, but not every expecting mom wants to flaunt her whole bare bod to the world. And if you’re a serious swimmer, string bikinis are probably not going to cut it in the world of goggles and backstrokes.
Reader Sara recently emailed us inquiring about “real maternity swimsuits for athletic swimmers.” I didn’t swim during my pregnancy—bonehead move, I know—so I didn’t have first-hand experience with maternity swimwear. But there is no reason to give up swimming during pregnancy as it is a great, low-impact workout and will give you that weightless feeling in the face of lots of weight gain! So, I surfed the internet like a champ to come up with several athletic swimwear options.
6 Maternity Swimsuit Options
- A promising one-piece by the trusted Speedo brand. And it’s $42!
- This black swimsuit looks like a winner with its wide straps and full coverage. Plus, I think these photos are real, non-modely women!
- This black number has thick straps, a bonus for moms-to-be. Other more colorful options are also available on the site.
- Reviews are mixed, but for a more casual swimmer, this one might do the trick.
- This empire-waist bra-strap suit should give your upper body needed support.
- Not as athletic as some of the others, but adorable and less than $30!
Know of any good maternity swimsuits? Do share in the comments so other moms-to-be can get their splash on! —Erin