10 Tips From a Nutritionist
We’ve been getting friendly with nutrition experts recently around these parts. First we had a pro raid our Fit Bottomed pantries and fridges, and then we had another expert share the healthiest grocery items in categories that are on everyone’s shopping lists. Today we’ve got more tips coming at you from Keri Gans, a nutritionist working with Thomas’ English Muffins and Bagels. Even these small changes can make a big difference in your health!
10 Tips from a Nutritionist
1. Don’t skip breakfast! Try half of a toasted Thomas’ Bagel Thins bagel spread with some natural peanut butter. It will give you the energy needed to start your the day!
2. Start small. Try making small, gradual changes in your diet. Once the change becomes a new healthy habit, go for another one. Your success will become contagious.
3. Slow down. Take a moment to sit and enjoy your breakfast. Eating slower makes you more conscious of what and how much you’re eating. You are likely to feel more satisfied with your meal.
4. Be prepared. No time for breakfast? Do your prep work the night before! Cut tomatoes and onions, hard boil eggs or organize what you want to eat in the morning the night before.
5. Yummy idea. For breakfast, toast a whole-wheat bagel, spread with light cream cheese, then top with smoked salmon, a slice of tomato and a slice of onion.