I get stuck in smoothie ruts. I seem to make the same combination of banana, pineapple, mango and orange plus spinach or kale every darn time. Unfortunately, my daughter doesn’t dig on the taste so I’ve been trying new variations and combinations to find something she’ll love, too.
The upcoming I Love My NutriBullet Recipe Book by Britt Brandon has 200 smoothie recipes, so you’re pretty much guaranteed to find one or several dozen that even your pickiest drinkers will enjoy. This ABC Smoothie is a sweet combination that will kickstart your morning or work great as an afternoon snack.
- 1 Fuji apple, cored
- 1 large banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In the 18-ounce NutriBullet cup, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until all ingredients are thoroughly liquefied and combined, 30–60 seconds.
- Consume immediately, or store with an airtight lid in the refrigerator for no more than 3–4 hours.
I love smoothie recipes that include ingredients I always have on hand, and bananas, apples and carrots are staples around here.
What are your key smoothie ingredients? —Erin