When I saw this recipe over on Fit Bottomed Eats, I knew I had to share it over here as well for Valentine’s Day. It’s one of those ideas that’s the perfect storm of healthy, delicious, fun and festive. Plus, it’s not too labor-intensive, and I imagine kiddos would have a lot of fun helping with the decorative elements, not to mention polishing off these yummy treats!
Greek Yogurt Stuffed Strawberries
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
12 large strawberries
1 container (5.3 oz) Yoplait® Greek tangerine yogurt
Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
Grated orange peel, if desired
1. Wash and pat strawberries dry. Using small melon-baller, scoop out green top of each strawberry.
2. Spoon yogurt into center of each strawberry. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips and/or orange peel.
3. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
1 Serving: Calories 15 (Calories from Fat 0); Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 5mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 1g; % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
- Remove the hulls of the strawberries after rinsing to avoid water-logged berries.
- If you don’t have a melon-baller or strawberry huller, a small paring knife will do the trick.
- Try substituting Yoplait Greek coconut yogurt for the tangerine. Top each berry with toasted coconut.
Isn’t that just a fun treat? Do you make anything special to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your kids? —Erin