The average length of a first-time mom’s pregnancy is just around 40 weeks plus eight days, according to the research. But what happens when you go past that time … well, I know from personal experience (went past 42 weeks myself!) that you go a bit batty. Okay, a lot batty. Here are 23 thoughts I had (about a million times) when I was 42 weeks pregnant …
23 Thoughts You Have When You’re 42 Weeks Pregnant
- I’m going to be pregnant forever.
- No, really. What’s the record for longest pregnancy ever? I’m going to break it.
- Time? What’s time? I’ve lost all concept of it.
- Good things come to those who wait.
- And I thought going past my due date was hard.
- This should be classified as a new ultra endurance sport: Pregnancy past 40 weeks!
- Maybe — insert one of the following: spicy food, sex, walking, dancing, squats, acupressure, lunges, meditation, stairs, acupuncture, plus countless others — will naturally induce labor.
- Patience is a virtue.
- Nope, nothing works.
- Beulah Hunter, I don’t know how you did it.
- Screw patience. This is torture.
- Today will surely be the day, right? RIGHT?!
- Man, my friends and family are so supportive!
- If one more person asks me how I feel today …
- This baby will come when she’s ready.
- One day I’ll laugh at this.
- Is everything okay?
- Everything is fine.
- Why won’t this baby come out already?
- She’s just cozy. I am a pregnant unicorn with a womb of total awesomeness!
- This baby is into torture.
- I deserve a medal for this.
- It was all worth it. Totally worth it.
Moms who went well past the 40-week pregnancy mark, have any to add? —Jenn