When was the last time you revamped your skin care routine? My grandmother instilled in me from a young age to take care of my skin, especially my face and neck. I learned to wash my face in the evenings and mornings far before I learned to cut up my own food. At every sleepover, she always had a wash cloth and brand new bar of soap for me. Ever since then, I’ve been consistent with my skin care routine, and much like my mom, I’m a lover of products. I will try anything, twice! Imagine my excitement when our friends at Laneige sent me a fun care package of its new line, exclusive to Target, to try. Here’s the run down of my thoughts!
1. Perfect Renew Emulsion. This lightweight lotion ($35) is a part of the anti-aging line (yes, I’m there already!). It feels silky smooth from my fingertips to my face. The water base makes it a looser lotion, so it’s not the typical thick cream you might have in mind. By itself it barely feels there. I enjoy how it responds to my makeup also. There is no oily residue left behind that I typically get with a cream, and it lasts throughout the day!
2. Water Bank Serum. This ultra-hydrating serum ($35) locks in hydration and makes skin feel baby soft. Like, legit, baby. This hydrating serum feels so great around the eyes and neck. It’s extremely refreshing and okay to use daily. Much like the Renew Emulsion, this serum goes on fairly loose and just a little goes a very long way.
3. Water Sleeping Mask. The Water Sleeping Mask ($24) is an overnight mask that hydrates, brightens and retexturizes so you wake up with a radiant complexion. I use this a few times a week. It feels a little sticky when you first put it on, but it dries nicely. It doesn’t leave your skin feeling tight. No plastic surgery feeling here — I had full movement of my face. Don’t worry, you won’t stick to your pillow. It dries much like the lotion and serum, very silky and barely noticeable.
4. Water Bank Soothing Gel Mask. This calming and cooling mask ($24) soothes red/tired skin with chamomile and green tea. We’re all mamas here; bags and dark lines come with the territory. I find this mask to be very rejuvenating to my often tired skin. It truly gives off a brightness after it is washed away. As much as I love what it does for my skin, I love what it does for my mind. This mask encourages relaxation. Fill up a bath, light a candle and just breathe.
5. LANEIGE BB Cushion. I love this BB cream foundation ($34) in a cushion compact! It applies so light and sheer and has SPF for your daily protection! I use it bare and also with a powder over it. When sweating at the gym or outdoor at the pool, I have not had any problem with the cream running. It applies nicely over the Renew Emulsion and Serum and comes off just as easily. I love the compact and that it comes with an application sponge that fits nicely inside the case. I’ve already purchased a couple of these. I have one in my gym bag and at home — great if you need to reapply!
6. Cushion Concealer. This is a brightening concealer that’s perfect for highlighting or brightening under eyes. See above. I know I’m not alone here. We’re tired, hard working mamas. A little help goes a long way. This is your little help! This looks like marker — a very chic marker. Give it a couple of clicks and you’re on your way to an easy and quick application! Much like the BB Cushion, this applies well over the Renew Emulsion and Serum and sits nicely under the Cushion foundation. I like to apply this first under my eyes and anywhere you may see blemishes. Then I apply the foundation and then use the sponge of the concealer to blend if needed. I picked an extra one of these up for my purse also.
Getting into a new skin care routine is easy, especially with the right products. Laneige has given this often tired mama a new fresh face! I may not be sleeping much these days, but I sure look like I am.
What’s the one skin care product you can’t give up? —Jennifer