Mother’s Day is the best right? I SO look forward to it each year … and, then, once it’s over, I wonder why it’s only something we celebrate once a year. Because, man, we moms work hard. Hard enough to get more than one day a year of props — amirite or amirite?!
And so, until we can petition the world to pass another official holiday, we give you this: five ways to keep the Mother’s Day pampering and good vibes going year-round.
How to Keep the Mother’s Day Pampering Going Year-Round
1. Sign up for a subscription service of something you love. I know that many times I’ll put off treating myself — even if it’s something that I basically NEED (like, a new bra). If you’re the same way, consider signing up for a subscription service that you pay for once, which then literally hooks you up with a special delivery or feel-good something every month or so. A few of our faves are Massage Envy (get a massage or even a facial!), FabFitFun (this quarterly box has full-sized products that rock) and ButcherBox (all the grass-fed and free-range meat!).We’re affiliates of or work with each of these companies and LOVE them all!
2. Get up 10 minutes early for me time. Yes, it’s hard to not hit snooze 12 times or get up before the baby does, but when you do, and are able to actually savor that hot cup of coffee and have a moment or two to breathe, isn’t it just the best?
3. Start a gratitude list. Write down everything you can think of — big and small — that you’re grateful for. Then, think of all of the ways you’re grateful for YOURSELF and your body. Feels good to just be in awe of your life and you, huh?
4. Tell another mom how awesome they are and why. You know how important a mom tribe is. Reach out to one of them — or even a mom you don’t know very well — and remind them of how great they are for just doing their best.
5. Win something for free! You can never beat free. It works in every budget. And here are five giveaways going on over at FBG right now. (They close soon so be sure to enter today!)
- Monday: StandDesk
- Tuesday: Brooks Running Outfit + Shoes
- Wednesday: ProSource Home Gym Items and MyMotiv Ring
- Thursday: Case of Fawen Drinkable Soup for 3 Readers
- Friday: ButcherBox
How was your Mother’s Day? Mine involved wine and seafood, so, it was pretty darn awesome. —Jenn