Mama, oh, mama is it hot out there.
And in case you and your fam are sweating more than Blanche Devereaux during a hot flash, have we got the tips for you today! (We’ve gotta have some Golden Girls fans in the house, right?!)
5 Ways to Stay Cool This Summer
1. Get wet. There’s never been a better time to hit the pool, splash park, beach or lake. Don’t want to leave the comfort of your own home? Invest in a cheap kiddie pool or water table — or go old school and bust out the water sprinkler, hose or water balloons. Talk about fun for hours that’ll also keep you feeling cooler!
2. Have a cold drink. You definitely want to make sure you’re staying hydrated this summer. And while water is obviously awesome for that, it can get a little, well, boring. And if you have a kiddo like mine (see adorableness above and below — that hair, right?!), some days she’ll just reject water altogether (not as adorable). Which is when I bust out the Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters!
Or, more like, she opens the box and brings one to me to open for her. (Happens. All. The. Time.)
Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters is a delicious and refreshing flavored water beverage that gives your kiddos the hydration you want them to have — but also the flavor they want without any high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners colors, flavors or preservatives. It comes in fruity flavors like Berry, Fruit Punch, Grape, Strawberry Kiwi, Wild Cherry and Tropical Fruit, and while of course we should all consume a variety of beverages a day to stay hydrated, these are, like, so fun, right? And, hey, we wouldn’t blame you for sipping on one, too …
3. Don’t dare turn the oven on. Seriously, these are the days to forgo cooking and instead get creative with crisp and cool salads, raw veggies and cut-up fruits. Pair them with nut butters, hummus, yogurt — kids love to dip and it makes an easy and cool meal or snack to nosh on!
4. Make your own frozen treats at home. And after those delicious eats, you can have an ice pop for dessert! Instead of buying them, make your own with any fruit/veggie juice or — our fave — freeze Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters! It has just the right amount of flavor and hydration to be a tasty treat!
5. Do something fun indoors. If it’s really hot, you might just need to kick it inside as a fam. But use this time of year to do something special. If the kids are restless and need to get out of the house, hit up a museum, see the penguins at the zoo or aquarium (so, literally, cool), check out a new movie at the theater or go to the library for some new reads. If you’re wanting to stay home (sometimes getting kids in and out of the car seat is basically a workout, right?!), try doing some of these upcycled crafts or one of these unique indoor activities. One of my daughter’s personal faves (and mine, too)? Make a fort of pillows and blankets inside and play hide and seek. That one always makes Gwen squeal with delight!
What other ideas do you have to stay cool? And what Capri Sun Roarin’ Waters is your fave? I’m partial to the Fruit Punch. —Jenn